We are currently recruiting for complex care assistant to join a team caring for a service user in the Stevenage, Hertfordshire area.
Previous experience in complex care is essential, as well as having a strong and confident and personable approach to your work to make a real difference the client.
The young adult you will be working with lives with Cerebral Palsy, where you would be expected to support them in participating in interests and activities day to day, and engaging in/sharing in their passions . They also use a wheelchair for mobility and can communicate via equipment and gestures.
If you are a car driver this would be advantageous, as service user has own car insurable for care team members.
Shift pattern would typically be:
09:00-15:00 and 12:00-23:00, with the overlap in the middle part of the day being 2:1 care.
Expected duties may include, but not limited to:
- Personal Care
- Manual handling and transfers
- Medication administration
- Accessing the community
- Any other clinical interventions in association with the clients condition
We are able to provide training for this role but we do require the following:
- Delivering the highest level of person-centred care for the client you are supporting
- Ability to work with the utmost dignity and respect
- Ability to travel preferably with access to own vehicle
- A real passion for helping the vulnerable
- Willingness to enter training programmes to ensure skillset is maintained
- Ability to build strong relationship and rapport with both clients and family members